The Talent Development Project develops the talents and careers of young Australian performers and song writers, through working with the entertainment community and providing unique industry experience.
The Talent Development Project aims to:
- Identify talented senior students within the Department of Education who are sufficiently advanced, and who show a real interest in making popular entertainment a career.
- Develop performing, creative, musical and entertainment skills.
- Provide opportunities for rehearsal and expert feedback on performances.
- Create situations in which students can rehearse and perform ensemble and solo shows and participate in selected public performances.
- Assess the development of learners’ performing and creative skills progressively and in a final graduation performance.
- Provide up-to-date career advice and information, with guidelines for developing personal career development plans.
Graduates leave the TDP with the ability to:
- Establish their own network of contacts in the entertainment industry.
- Perform successfully in public and pursue performance opportunities.
- Compose original songs.
- Work with others in the industry to further develop their skills.
- Market and promote themselves.
- Have a clear understanding of their way forward within the entertainment industry.