The New York Scholarship was established in 2006 and is available to TDP Graduates, aged 18 to 24 years, in the field of Musical Theatre or Jazz.
Each year two talented young Musical Theatre performers are chosen to go to New York, for approximately three weeks, to train and study under some of Broadway’s biggest names.
The scholarship was conceived during discussions between Mary Lopez AM (TDP Artistic Director Emeritus) and Michael Kerker (ASCAP – American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers).
Mary and Michael share a passion for nurturing and developing talented young performers and through this scholarship they have joined forces to help these upcoming stars following their dreams. Past winners include Lucy Maunder, the star of Dr Zhivago opposite Anthony Warlow, Belinda Wollaston (Dr Zhivago) and Kirby Burgess (Hairspray).
For success stories see our past New York Scholarship Winners List.
- Attend the ASCAP/ Disney Music Theatre Workshops
- Private tuition in New York
- Return economy airfare to New York
- Accommodation for the duration of the scholarship period (approx 3 weeks)
- Reasonable spending money (towards food and travel)
- Travel insurance
- The scholarship winners are presented to New York Broadway luminaries during their own cabaret showcase at ‘Don’t Tell Mama’.