- Only TDP Graduates between the ages of 18 and 24 years are eligible
- Applicants are generally invited to audition by the TDP, but expressions of interest will also be accepted
- Applicants must demonstrate vocal, movement (dance), acting, music theatre and cabaret skills
- Piano accompaniment for audition will be provided by TDP
- Applicants must arrange individual rehearsal with accompanist prior to audition.
- Winners must be available to perform at the TDP START ME UP Concert (July/August) and the Schools Spectacular (Nov).
- Winners must be available for media requirements/ publicity
- Winners must send weekly reports to the TDP Artistic Director and TDP Board while in New York.
Auditions are held around March each year.
The Audition is broken into four sections:
- Vocal – demonstrate excellent vocal ability and connection to repertoire.
- Acting – demonstrate connection to character within text.
- Movement (dance) – comfortable and at ease with personal movement while performing and have basic or advanced dance ability.
- Interview – applicant must express passion, commitment, desire and reason as to why they should be selected and what their future plans are.
THE AUDITION PANEL
The audition panel will consist of:
- TDP CEO – Kim Stevens
- TDP Artistic Director – Peter Cousens AM
- Representative from the TDP Board